The goal of this course is to acquire skills required for cooking common menus at Sushi restaurants. After learning the basics of Japanese cuisine, students will focus on acquiring knowledge and skills. The course will be useful for those who want to open their own sushi restaurants in their home countries in future.
The student will also learn how to judge the freshness of different fish and shellfish – an important skill for sushi chef – by visiting fish market to learn how to select ingredients. You may also visit rice factory, sake brewery, and fishing experience, as well.
• Introduction to cooking tools, how to sharpen a kitchen knife
• Types of rice and fish, How to choose rice and fish
• How to prepare for Sumeshi(vinegared Rice)
• Traditional and Modern Sushi
• How to preserve food ingredients
• How to make Sushi by hand
• Hand-formed Sushi, roll sushi, scattered sushi
• How to slice raw fish, make soup or other fish dishes at Sushi restaurant
• How to plan a full-course menu at sushi restaurant
• Tableware for Sushi, and how to dish up
• Lesson on sake at Sushi restaurant and green tea
*Lesson orders and contents are subject to change in order to learn different dishes organically, instead of separatedly.