About culinary schools in Japan


In Japan, there are two types of culinary school: private schools and professional training colleges for culinary arts approved by the government (Chourishi Senmon Gakko). Some private schools accept students who cannot speak Japanese, but professional training colleges require Japanese proficiency in reading, listening, writing and speaking. If you cannot speak Japanese and want to study for a short term, we recommend private schools. If you are fluent in Japanese and want to study for more than a year, we recommend Chorishi Senmon Gakko.